CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

My little three year old

Although over the past couple of weeks, Mazzy hasn't been able to be ridden much do to rain, loosing a shoe, etc. she was awesome yesterday and today! My trainer rode her yesterday and I got to watch, which I haven't been able to do lately because I am at work when she rides her. Then I rode Mazzy today and she was phenomenal. Her canter is getting much more balanced. So far she has been making great progress. I have my fingers crossed that she continues living up to my expectations.





Mazzy's puncture wound is getting better. I have been cold hosing it for 20-30 min a day, treating it with triple antibiotic ointment, and giving her oral antibiotics. I am hoping it will close up by next week. I switched her stall to a hopefully safer one where she won't impale herself. However, I couldn't find what she injured herself on.


5 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Gorgeous girl! glad her wound is healing well . The can and will hurt themselves on air!

Paint Girl said...

Mazzy looks so good!!
Glad to hear her wound is better.

Desert Rose said...

You could look for a month straight and you would never find how it is that she got the puncture!?! Jesse and George have both had injury's ( although not as bad as Mazy's) and I could not figure it out. How ever one time I found a tiny bit of hide on a smooth piece of metal And new that somehow that was the culprit!!!
Glad she's doing so well for you!

storybeader said...

poor "little" thing! Sounds like she's getting the best of care. And she looks like it's not bothering her. Hope is heals soon. {:-Deb

allhorsestuff said...

ooou...so sorry for these injuries..made me wince to see water going into the puncture(my sissy told me never to do that as water has bactieria in it)Her word to me is gold...being my sissy!
Dang, I'd be frustrated too..but many are right about sometimes not being able to find the culprit...could have been a stick in a good roll on the ground!

The videos arwe great..she is full of calm, that mare...nice to see it!
Kac

Floating Social Media