CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Stable Spotlight: Double H Farm

Double H Farm in Ridgefield Connecticut is no ordinary stable. Lavish woodwork, decorative metalwork, climate control, a full line of training equipment, and a professional staff make this one of the premier riding facilities in the country. I am in love with the perfectly manicured grounds.

For me the highlight of this amazing facility is the 3.5 acre derby field complete with two open waters, double liverpools, a table bank, a slide bank, a grob, a ditch and a hedge jump. It was designed by International Equestrian Design's, Robert Jolicoeur.


On its 87 acres, Double H Farm features two beautiful barns. The main barn has 20 stalls, four grooming and wash stalls, and laundry, tack and feed rooms. It also features a large trophy room and lounge, two offices, and a full kitchen. The second barn, built for the breeding operation, has 14 stalls and two grooming and wash stalls. It also has laundry, tack and feed rooms, and one office. Additionally, there are 8 stalls in an outside shed row that are used in all but the winter months.


Double H's training facilities include a five horse walker, a treadmill, an 80 x 180 foot indoor ring with excellent Travel Right footing, and a large 135 x 280 foot outdoor ring with perfect ESI footing.Finally, with its beautiful land and open spaces, Double H has 11 large grass paddocks, and four smaller sand paddocks. There are also numerous paths throughout its wooded areas for gorgeous and relaxing trail rides. Looks like heaven to me!

2 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

beautiful ! these facilities are amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh, girl...that farm...I swear I think I'm nauseous with envy. Can I include a request in my will that I be buried there? My best friend lives there in Ridgefield. Such a great area. All the best barns are in that area - it borders NY so there are a ton to choose from. Or drool over. My heart hurts. I have to go....

Floating Social Media